Hope For Your Hurt

I think it’s safe to say that life rarely makes sense. Do you gain wisdom and insight over the years? Yeah sure, sometimes. But I still have lots of questions. I still wonder why certain things are in my life and why certain things aren’t.

Do you ever feel this way?

…What are you doing God?

How is this good?

…Is this a punishment for something I did?

…When am I going to find somebody?

…When am I going stop struggling with this?

…Why haven’t you saved ____ after all my prayers?

First of all, these questions are completely natural. I also don’t think that they are wrong to ask, however, I do think that we should find answers from God and not run to conclusions on our own.

“…though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials…” –1Peter 1:6-7

Your situation may be legitamately tough. Feelings may be hurt, relationships may be on the rocks, anxiety may be through the roof… whatever it is, I want to acknowledge that what you’re going through is an incredibly difficult thing. So difficult that you probably can’t get through it on your own. But in the midst of all the doubt, frustration, and chaos, we can’t forget the purposefulness of God.

Like Peter says, He does what He does and puts you what He puts you through because He claims it is necessary. “Well how does God have the right to say what’s necessary in my life?” Because He’s God! He is omniscient. He is the author and perfector of our faith. He is over all, through all, and in all things. So why would we, in our finiteness, give ourselves the glory and power to be able to think that God is being unnecessarily in what He’s putting us through?  It doesn’t matter how angry we are about our hurt. It doesn’t matter how impatient we are getting. You could never come up with a better plan for your life, even with all the hurt that’s currently in it. Your plan would actually hurt worse.

I know it stings. I know it doesn’t make sense. I know it doesn’t seem like things will get better. I know it looks impossible to fix. But in the midst of all that, somehow, it is necessary. Because our God is thoroughly purposeful and perfectly holy. He knows no wrong. He does nothing that wouldn’t be for your greatest good and fullest joy.

Everything is going to be okay.

There are no comments.

Add a Comment