Mission Trip Description

I wanted to update you all on what I will be doing in India. I leave on the 28th of December and will be there for two weeks, coming back on January 12th. I am excited by the thought that I will be leaving in a week! In India we will be working with a mission called India Rural Evangelical Fellowship (IREF). IREF is located in Southeast India in a town called Repalle in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located about 250 miles north of Chennai, which is the city we will be flying into. In this region the primary language is Telugu.

The largest component of IREF is its school. IREF’s school has about 5,000 students that range from kindergarten to college aged. Many of the students at the school are orphans. The rest of the students come from poor families that are hoping to improve their children’s lives by giving them an education. Most of the students come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through the school. In addition to the ministries in the school, IREF has also planted many of the local churches in the area. You can find more out about IREF by going to their website: irefusa.org.

During the time my missional team spends in at IREF, we will be having two days of vacation Bible school. On one of the days I will be teaching over two hundred students about Jesus’ love for us. I will be teaching them based off the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead (John 11:1-44). We will be performing a skit on this story before I teach. The other day of VBS someone else from the team will be teaching about our need to love others based off the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37).

Another thing we will be doing at the school is helping to teach English to the students. Knowing English helps ensure better job opportunities for the students in the future. We will also be doing some things outside of the school. Our team is hoping to go around to some of the churches in the region and be mutually encouraged by our visit. IREF also will be having an evangelism conference, which we will be sharing testimonies at.

There are no comments.

Add a Comment