The Christmas Virus

Over the past couple of weeks I have been dealing with many computer issues, ranging from my hard drive dying to viruses trying to take over my computer. I know that sounds like a lot of fun…no…no it’s not.

Along with the nasty virus on my own computer, it seems to be that there is cold-virus going around with all this bi-polar weather. Many girls on my floor are sick or have colds; no fun! The temperatures are really starting to drop and the winds feel stronger than ever…it must be winter. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the snow! I just get cold really easily and the dreary skies aren’t always my favorite.

The best part about winter, besides the beautiful first months of snow, is Christmas! I have had a Christmas countdown in my suite since school started, I am planning a Christmas party for my floor, and the jolly melodies of Christmas music are beginning to be heard around the suite.

You may be one of the people who say you have to wait until after Thanksgiving to get in the Christmas mood, but hey, the decorated malls are giving a contagious Christmas feel. I am going to wait until right before Thanksgiving break to really break out the Christmas decor– and I can’t wait.

As I’ve been fighting feelings of frustration combined with some sleep deprivation and cloudy skies, the excitement for Christmas keeps me positive and brings joy into my days. But like any other season, our focus and joy should always be Jesus. Christmas is more than a “season”, life is more than getting through the rough days, because there is joy and freedom given to us in Jesus Christ, to enjoy everyday of our lives!

Recently I have talked to some of my friends about this, how it is easy to start focusing on ourselves, on our problems and seeing the world with our shallow perspectives. But there is so much more going on in this world, God is working in marvelous ways all the time, and the hope that He is, should never leave our sight.

There are no comments.

Add a Comment