Sunday Reflections

On Sundays, I go to a church called Village of Lincolnshire. I just started going a couple weeks ago, and I have been loving it.

Toay, I would like to share with you what the Pastor spoke about this past Sunday and my reflections on it, because I think it is a great encouragment and reminder to those who may be going through trials and struggles.

The passage that the Pastor chose to speak about was on James 1:1-12. The big picture that I received from the teaching was that our trials are to be counted as pure joy (verse 2). Pure joy!! For, our trials produce steadfastness (verse 3).

At first, this concept was so hard for me to grasp. I thought, how could I find JOY in my trials? Trials suck, and are so difficult. 

But, as I continued to listen to Pastor Lee, I realized that when we genuinely ask and seek for God’s wisdom in the midst of trials, He will help us persevere through these trials, and we will be blessed for our perseverence through the reward of completeness and maturity. From our trials, God provides ways of growth in maturity and in becoming Christ-like.

When we realize that growth through perseverence is what trials produce, then parts of us may want to say, “Bring it on, trials! I have God with me to persevere!” The other part of us, then,will ¬†remember the stress and hurt that trials bring. So, we may never be exactly excited about trials to come. But, we can look forward to the growth that God prepares for us in the midst of those trials. We will most likely never find ourselves happy in the midst of trials, either. But, while we may not be happy, we can still have joy. God wants us to have joy, which is the hope we have in knowing that we will be able to persevere and grow in Christ with God’s wisdom to guide and lead us through our trials.

I encourage you, my friends, to consider your trials of today and of the future as pure joy. Trust that God will empower you to persevere through these times in a way that will grow you, and ultimately will glorify Him. That is my word of encouragment for the day :)

Sarah Casiple wrote
on September 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Wonderful reminder!

Add a Comment