Healthy Habits

As I go into my second year of college, I can’t help but reflect on all that I learned last year. I can honestly say that my freshman year was one of the most life-changing and uneasy years of my life. I learned a ton about myself; my hopes and dreams, and I learned a lot about Jesus.

If there is one big thing that I see as a necessity for college students, it’s to build healthy habits.

Journaling daily, praying consistently, and meditating on Scripture helped place a deep passion for the glory of God. It particularly kindled my service in the local church.

The result of these healthy habits were incredible for me! I can’t imagine where I would be without them, but that doesn’t mean they were easy to stick to.

I wanted to sleep in instead of going to church…

I wanted to pure selfish desires and lust…

I wanted to compare myself to others…

I wanted to do all of those things, and that’s not to say that I didn’t slip sometimes. But the key is that you can’t do both. You can’t implement healthy habits AND live in sin. They can’t exist with each other! Are you supposed to be perfect? Of course not, nobody will be flawless in their faithfulness; but there’s a difference between making war with sin and being a slave to it.

My best advice to any student: Don’t be lazy. Dream big, God’s Word will completely change your life. Die to yourself every single day; taking your thoughts captive so that you can clearly see the hope in Jesus that your heart longs for.

There are no comments.

Add a Comment